York City resident parking permits available
York City residents living near the York Expo Center will be able to pick up parking permits for their vehicles to use during this year's upcoming York Fair.
According to a news release from York City, residents who live near designated streets must have a permit displayed in their car in order to park on the street during the fair's 10-day run.
Residents are limited to three permits per household, and the permits are valid only within a block of a resident's home.
The permits will be available from Aug. 21 through Sept. 17, and will be distributed from the Revenue Office in city hall at 101 S. George St. weekdays from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., the release states.
Permits also may be obtained at the York City Police Department weekdays from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m.
The fair runs from Sept. 8 to Sept. 17.
Permit parking is in effect 24 hours a day for the fair, according to the release.
The permits must be displayed on the driver's side rear window so it can be seen from the street. Residents are asked to tape the permit to the window.
The permit must remain in the vehicle it was issued to, and it can not be transferred between vehicles.
The permits must be displayed by midnight Sept. 8, or the vehicle could be subject to a citation, the release states.
The designated parking areas include:
• 600, 700, 800 and 900 blocks of Linden Avenue
• 600, 700, 800 blocks of Maryland Avenue
• 600, 700 and 800 blocks of Florida Avenue
• 600, 700 and 800 blocks of Texas Avenue
• 800 block of Fern Place
• 200 block of North Richland Avenue
• 800 block of Delaware Avenue
• 1000 block of West King Street
• 1000 block of West Poplar Street
• 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 and 700 blocks of North Belvidere Avenue
• First, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 and 700 blocks of Carlisle Avenue
• 600, 700, 800 and 900 blocks of Madison Avenue
• 600, 700 and 800 blocks of Pennsylvania Avenue
• 300, 400, 500, 600 and 700 blocks of North Hawthorne Street
• 200 block of Smyser Alley
• 900 block of Clayton Avenue