Man sentenced for dealing heroin that led to overdose death

Fairview Twp. man accused of beating girlfriend, fighting deputies

  • Officials say Peter Slade, of Fairview Twp., beat up his girlfriend and fought deputies.
  • He remains in York County Prison without bail.

A Fairview Township man allegedly beat his girlfriend and then later fought deputies after he was arrested, according to officials.

Fairview Township Police say Peter Corey Slade choked, bit and struck his girlfriend.

Slade, 31, of Nauvoo Estates, is charged with aggravated assault, terroristic threats, strangulation, simple assault and criminal mischief.

More:Police: Fairview Twp. woman stabbed boyfriend

Once he was taken to central booking, the York County Sheriff's Office filed additional charges on him, alleging he fought with deputies before he was arraigned.

In that case, the sheriff's office charged Slade with aggravated harassment by prisoner, attempted simple assault and five counts of recklessly endangering another person.

Peter Slade


Fairview Township: Police in Fairview Township responded to Slade's residence about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 9, for a report of a man and a woman yelling.

When police arrived, they found Slade's girlfriend, who told them Slade choked her, bit her arm twice, grabbed her by her hair and slammed her head into the driveway, and dug his elbow into her neck, according to charging documents.

She had markings and abrasions on her neck, bite marks on her left arm, hair that was ripped out and sticking to her shirt and other abrasions to her limbs, police said.

Slade's girlfriend was taken by ambulance to Harrisburg Hospital.

Additionally, police say Slade slashed his girlfriend's tire.

Slade was found kneeling next to his porch, and police took him into custody. While on the way to central booking, he told the responding officer multiple times that he was going to kill him, documents state.

When the officer opened the car door for Slade, police say he spit blood toward the officer. It would not be the only time he spit blood at an official that morning, according to court documents.


Central booking: When Slade arrived at central booking at 4:45 a.m., the responding Fairview Township officer needed assistance with him.

When they arrived, the officer told deputies that Slade had been banging his head on the steel window bars of the cruiser and that he had been kicking the window, according to charging documents. He had a cut on his forehead and blood running down his face, documents state.

Once inside central booking, he refused to have shackles placed on him, and he was taken to a holding cell, where he yelled and hit the window from inside the cell, officials said.

About 5:15 a.m., a sergeant and two deputies went into the cell to help clean the blood off of Slade's face. The sergeant tried to place shackles on Slade, and he became "combative" and started fighting with deputies, officials said.

Two other deputies entered the cell to assist and subdue Slade, court documents state. At one point he spit blood directly into the eyes and mouth of one of the deputies, according to officials.

That deputy was taken to York Hospital for treatment.

The sergeant deployed a Taser, which had no effect on Slade, documents state. At that point, all the deputies left the cell.

The sergeant then entered with an Ice Shield, which is a riot shield that can be electrified to deliver a nonlethal, immobilizing shock. The sergeant was able to safely place Slade in an emergency restraint chair, according to officials.

He was checked every 15 minutes and safely removed from the chair at 7:15 a.m. without incident, documents state.

Slade was arraigned on the charges that morning, and Senior Judge Douglas Meisenhelter denied Slade bail.

Online court records state bail was denied because he might be a public health risk.

He does not have an attorney listed.

His preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. at District Judge Linda Williams' office.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.