Police: Red Lion woman, drunk, assaulted trooper

Christopher Dornblaser
  • Tina Byers-Moore, 47, of Red Lion, allegedly assaulted a trooper Friday night.
  • Byers-Moore was found drunk fighting with a man, and police say she resisted arrest.
  • She was remanded to York County Prison in lieu of $15,000 bail.

A Red Lion woman allegedly fought with police and urinated in her holding cell after she was found fighting a man while drunk Friday night, police said.

Tina Byers-Moore

Tina Byers-Moore, 47, of 10 East Avenue, was allegedly found fighting with a man on a street in Red Lion, and when she was placed under arrest, she resisted, documents state.

Byers-Moore is charged with aggravated assault, institutional vandalism, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, harassment, and public drunkenness, court documents state.

Allegations: State police were sent to the area of West Broadway near North Charles Street in Red Lion about 6:30 p.m. after a passerby informed a trooper that there were two people fighting there, police said.

When the trooper arrived, Byers-Moore was found fighting with a man, and she was intoxicated, court documents allege.

Byers-Moore had an odor of alcohol emanating from her, police said, and she allegedly slapped the man she was fighting with.

Police: New Freedom bank robber peed in holding cell

When she was asked to stop, Byers-Moore used offensive language toward the officer and the general public, according to court documents.

Police say there was an active warrant for Byers-Moore's arrest, and they attempted to take Byers-Moore into custody.

"(A trooper) attempted to place Byers-Moore under arrest, but she refused his commands and resisted arrest by punching (him) in the arm," Trooper Daniel Weldon wrote in charging documents.

Byers-Moore was eventually placed under arrest and forcibly put in the back of the police vehicle, police said.

While inside the car, she "thrashed around" attempting to break things inside the vehicle, include the vehicle's computer, according to court documents.

Troopers had to restrain Byers-Moore, and police say she struck one of them in his face, and spit in the face of two other troopers.

Byers-Moore was taken to York Hospital where she refused to have her blood tested for contagious diseases, and she continued using offensive language while there, court documents allege.

When she was taken to central booking for arraignment, she pulled her pants down and urinated on the floor, police said.

She was sent to York County Prison in lieu of $15,000 bail, according to the York County Sheriff's Department.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.