LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Two residents were displaced by an accidental fire in Spingfield Township on Wednesday afternoon, according to a fire official.

Loganville Fire Chief Bryan Ream said the fire at 838 Lake Redman Court started from a laptop potentially overheating.

"It started right there where the laptop was," he said.

Two elderly residents were displaced by the fire, he said. They will be staying with relatives because there is too much smoke damage in their home. No injuries were reported.

The chief estimated the damage at $75,000 and said the bulk of the damage was in the back bedroom of the home.

CLOSE

Loganville Fire Chief Bryan Ream discusses the fire at 838 Lake Redman Court Wednesday afternoon.

Ream said all the windows of the home were closed during the fire, which helped prevent it from spreading.

"It limited oxygen for the fire," he added.

No one was in the house when the fire started.

The fire, which was reported shortly before 2 p.m., took about 10 minutes to get under control.

Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions

About 2:30 p.m., numerous fire department vehicles as well as two ambulances could be seen in the cul-de-sac where the home is located.

About eight other fire departments assisted in fighting the fire, according to the chief.

Fire officials were clearing the scene shortly after 3 p.m.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/2017/05/03/fire-springfield-township/101249974/