Giant recalls chips, burritos
Giant Food Stores has recalled several food products, including several brands of Lays Kettle Cooked potato chips, that might have been contaminated with salmonella.
The local supermarket chain voluntarily removed the products after Frito Lay recalled the chips Friday, according to a news release.
A Frito Lay supplier recalled the jalapeño powder used for seasoning because it might have been contaminated with salmonella. There were no reports of illnesses, according to the release from Giant.
The following products have been pulled from Giant shelves:
- Frito Lay 2 Go Bold Mix, 18.4 oz., UPC 2840064666 with a “use by” date of June 20
- Lays Kettle Cooked Variety Pack, 10.2 oz., UPC 2840062930 with a “use by” date of June 20
- Lays Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Jalapeno, 2.75 oz., UPC 2840043783 with a “guaranteed fresh” date of July 4
- Lays Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Jalapeno, 13.5 oz., UPC 2840063218 with a “guaranteed fresh” date of July 4
- Lays Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Jalapeno, 8 oz., UPC 2840037185 with a “guaranteed fresh” date of July 4
Second recall: In addition, Giant has voluntarily recalled a burrito product from Atkins due to improper labeling, according to a separate news release. The product contains egg and soy, known allergens, and both were not declared on the label.
The product is safe to eat for those without allergies or sensitivities to egg and/or soy, according to the release.
The recalled product is:
- Atkins Chicken with Cheese and Bean Burrito, 6 oz. plastic package, UPC 63748000989 with a Best By date of Dec. 19, 2017, and an establishment number P-17644 inside the USDA mark of inspection
Anyone who purchased any of these products should discard any unused portions and take their purchase receipt to the stores for a full refund. Call Giant Customer Service at 888-814-4268 for more information.