Marshals nab 2015 assault suspect
- The U.S. Marshals Service said Friday they arrested Randolph Jones, who had been wanted since October 2015.
- Police say Jones assaulted a man with a baseball bat at the end of October 2015.
A York City man was apprehended Friday after officials say he eluded authorities for nearly a year and a half.
Randolph Jones, 52, was wanted on a warrant from October 2015, which alleges he assaulted a man with a baseball bat.
The U.S. Marshals Service said Friday that Jones was arrested in the 2100 block of Monroe Street in York City.
Jones, of 115 S. Duke St., Apt. 6, is charged with aggravated assault and simple assault, according to charging documents.
Allegations: Police were sent to Jones' residence around 7 p.m. Oct. 29, 2015, for a report of an assault, his warrant states.
Police say Jones struck a man in the face with a wooden baseball bat in the second-floor hallway of the residence.
The victim lost teeth and dentures and suffered serious injuries to his mouth and nose, police said. He was taken to York Hospital, while police say Jones fled the scene.
Documents do not state why Jones allegedly struck the victim.
Jones was arraigned on the charges Friday at District Judge Ronald J. Haskell Jr.'s office. He remains free on $10,000 unsecured bail, meaning if he does not show up to court proceedings, he will forfeit that amount.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for 4 p.m. April 24 at Haskell's office.
— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.