Police: Man left body of Airville man in car in Delta

Christopher Dornblaser
  • Police say Larry McDorman left a body in a car for almost two days last summer.
  • McDorman had not been arrested as of Wednesday, records show.
  • He will be charged with abuse of a corpse.

A man is accused of leaving the body of an Airville man in a car for about two days in Delta last summer, according to an arrest warrant filed Wednesday.

State police say the body of Edmund Kittelt Jr., 43, was found  about 10:20 a.m. on Aug. 13 in a 1963 Ford Falcon Coupe in the parking lot of Delta Discount Grocery & More. Kittelt's body was found in a  "slump" between the driver and passenger seats, police said.

Larry Steven McDorman, 48, of no fixed address, allegedly left Kittelt's body in that car for about two days, police said. He will be charged with abuse of a corpse. He had not been arrested as of Wednesday, according to online court records.

Investigation: On the day of the incident, a friend of Kittelt told police he had gotten a suspicious voicemail from Kittelt's phone just two days before,  about 7:45 p.m., according to police.

Two people were heard talking on the voicemail, according to police. One man is heard talking to another man, later identified as McDorman, saying he doesn't know where Kittelt was working, documents state.

"Ed just died. He was in jail here; he's been outta jail for four days. He was in there, he went back, he only had a week to go, then he had to go to Maryland for a weekend. He made bail, I think," McDorman could be heard saying, according to documents.

Coroner: Cause of death pending in Airville man's death

The other man responded "Beav ..."  according to court documents. Police say McDorman's nickname is "Big Beav."

The voicemail ended after what sounded like a car door slamming.

It is unclear if the man allegedly talking with McDorman is facing charges, and state police did not respond to requests for comment Wednesday afternoon.

In late September, Kittelt's cousin was able to identify the speakers, according to charging documents.

Surveillance: A few days after that, police were given surveillance footage from the grocery store.

McDorman could be seen driving the Ford Falcon into the parking lot  about 8:15 p.m. Aug 11, police said. That's roughly 30 minutes after the message  from Kittelt's phone, according to court documents.

McDorman met up with another man, and the two crossed the street to go to Delta Pizza, documents state. Police say surveillance footage from Delta Pizza showed the same thing.

The footage showed that the car "remained untouched" from that night until the morning of Aug. 13, when Kittelt's body was found, documents state. Police say the days Kittelt's body was left in the car were consistently hot, with temperatures exceeding 90 degrees.

Kittelt's cause of death was heroin and cocaine toxicity, according to the York County Coroner's Office.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.