Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania says the FBI has seized his cellphone

Police: New Freedom man 'would love' to be tased

Christopher Dornblaser

A New Freedom man accused of resisting arrest last week allegedly told the responding officer that he "would love" to be tased when the officer tried to calm him down, police said.

Jason David Farmer, 46, of 3 W. Penn St., is charged with resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and harassment, according to charging documents.

Southern Regional Police say that Farmer actively resisted arrest when the officer tried to take him into custody Feb 5.

The incident: At about 10:30 p.m., police were sent to Farmer's home for a domestic incident when a family member called saying Farmer was drunk and violent, documents state.

Police say that when the officer arrived, two family members were with Farmer in the living room. The officer asked the two others to sit down to calm the situation.

The officer then asked Farmer to sit down.

"Farmer failed to obey my commands and balled his fist up," the officer wrote in charging documents.

Farmer kept responding to commands by yelling "just tase me" and  "I want you to tase me," police said. Farmer was instructed to sit down about 10 times, and he still did not listen, according to charging documents.

Farmer had an aggressive stance during the entire encounter, and told the officer "I would love it" when the officer said Farmer was about to be tased, police said.

"Farmer continued to be aggressive and then turned to walk into the kitchen, at which point I tackled him to the ground," the officer wrote in the affidavit.

Police: Philly man, high, exposes self at bank

Resisting arrest: Police say Farmer turned onto his back and tried to get away from the officer when he was tackled. Farmer struck the officer in the face while flailing his hands, police said.

At that point, the officer took out his Taser and did what Farmer was asking him to do from the beginning, documents allege. The Taser struck Farmer's left shoulder, allowing the officer to get Farmer onto his stomach, according to court documents.

Even after the tase, Farmer continued resisting, and the officer had to tase him again so he could handcuff Farmer, police allege.

The responding officer had a scratched and swollen cheek from the altercation, documents state.

While in police custody, Farmer said a family member had angered him, according to police. That family member told police that Farmer was drunk from drinking all day and became angry when he woke up and found out his liquor had been poured out, documents state.

Farmer was arraigned on the charges Feb. 6. He was sent to prison that day in lieu of $10,000 bail, but he posted the bail the next day, online court records state. A phone number could not be found for Farmer, and it is not clear if he has an attorney.

His preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Feb 21 at District Judge Nancy Lee Edie's office.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.