Thomasville man dies after heater accident


A Thomasville man was pronounced dead in Lehigh County after he was injured by a portable heater last month, according to a release from the Lehigh County Coroner's Office.

Thomas A. Reese, 51, was injured when his clothing caught on fire while he was close to a portable heater, about 10 a.m. Dec. 15, the release states. His death was due to complications from the injuries, the coroner's office said.

Reese was pronounced dead at about 11 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 17, at Lehigh Valley Hospital.

The manner of death was deemed accidental. Northern York County Regional Police and the Lehigh County Coroner's Office are investigating.