SUBSCRIBE NOW
$5 for 3 months. Save 83%.
SUBSCRIBE NOW
$5 for 3 months. Save 83%.

Wrightsville dryer fire displaces four

Christopher Dornblaser
505-5436/@YDDornblaser

Four people were displaced for the night after a dryer in their Wrightsville home caught fire, according to Wrightsville Fire Chief Chad Livelsberger.

Firefighters clean up, after responding to a house fire on the 100 block of North 4th Street, Friday, Jan. 6, 2017, in Wrightsville. The fire was deemed accidental. Amanda J. Cain photo

The fire was called in at about 6:15 p.m. in a home in the 100 block of North 4th Street, according to York County 911.

Livelsberger said the fire started in a dryer in the laundry room, and spread to the adjoining kitchen. A window was damaged as well. No injuries were reported. Livelsberger said it took about 10 minutes to put the fire out. The fire was deemed accidental.

The chief said the minor damage should displace the residents for the night.

A damage estimate was not immediately available.

Firefighters respond to a scene in the 100 block of North 4th Street in Wrightsville on Friday, Jan. 6, 2017. Christopher Dornblaser

Fire officials were still at the scene at around 7 p.m.

Manchester-area day-care center briefly evacuated

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.