Girl, 15, dies of injuries in central Pennsylvania fire
HARRISBURG — Authorities in central Pennsylvania say one of two girls rescued from a house fire in Harrisburg last week has died.
Fire chief Brian Enterline said 15-year-old Shanice Johnson died Sunday of injuries she sustained in the blaze late Wednesday.
Johnson and a 7-year-old girl trapped on the second floor were critically injured and flown to Penn State Hershey Medical Center for treatment of smoke inhalation.
A 10-year-old boy, a 19-year-old man, and a woman were able to escape. Officials said the child was uninjured and the other two were treated for moderate smoke inhalation and released.
The cause of the fire hasn’t been determined, but investigators said a multi-plug power strip was in the spot where the fire started in a basement bedroom.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.