LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

A York City man is accused of sexually assaulting a teen more than 15 years ago, according to charging documents.

Bulmaro Montano-Ruiz, 59, is charged with statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with a person younger than 16 and sexual assault, among other charges.

York City Police became involved when the victim told them on Aug. 21 that Montano-Ruiz had intercourse with her when she was a teen, between December 2000 and November 2002, the charging documents state. She said it occurred three to four times a week in his York City home, police said.

Earlier this month, Montano-Ruiz spoke to a police officer and told authorities he had intercourse with the girl once in the bathroom of his home, police said. A week later, police say Montano-Ruiz told officers he also had intercourse with the teen in the basement of the home.

"Montano-Ruiz stated that (the teen) would provoke and tease him to do these things," the officer wrote in charging documents.

Montano-Ruiz said he could not remember how old she was or what grade she was in at the time, and he told police he might have had intercourse with her more times, but he could not remember, police allege.

Montano-Ruiz was arrested Friday by the U.S. Marshals Task Force in the 200 block of Franklin Street in Red Lion, according to a release from the U.S. Marshals Service. He was arraigned Friday morning in front of District Judge Linda Williams and released on nonmonetary bail, according to online court records.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/2016/10/21/man-allegedly-assaulted-teen/92475708/