Charges withdrawn in York City shooting case
All charges against a Mount Wolf-area man in a York City shooting, including attempted homicide, have been withdrawn by the prosecution.
Calvin James Fountain Sr., 53, of East Manchester Township, also had been charged with aggravated assault and illegal firearm possession.
But York County prosecutors on Oct. 6 withdrew all charges against him, according to court records.
Fountain's preliminary hearing had been scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
Chief deputy prosecutor David Sunday said new information recently brought to the attention of York City detectives and the York County District Attorney's Office caused officials to withdraw the charges.
Sunday said the investigation into the shooting is still active.
The shooting: Reginald Taylor, 48, was in the 400 block of Park Street about 4:30 a.m. Aug. 11 when he was shot in the face with a shotgun blast, York City Police Lt. Troy Bankert has said. Taylor lives on Park Street.
Taylor was rushed to York Hospital by ambulance, where it was discovered he had been hit in the face by about 30 shotgun pellets, charging documents state.
After initial treatment, Taylor was transferred to Good Samaritan Hospital in Maryland, police said.
Police said it remains unclear whether Taylor will regain sight in his remaining eye.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call York City Police at (717) 846-1234 or text "yorktips" and your information to 847411.
— Reach Liz Evans Scolforo at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @LizScolforoYD.