One injured in Dallastown fire

Christopher Dornblaser

A man was injured during a kitchen fire in a Dallastown home, according to a fire official.

Dallastown Fire Co. Chief Patrick Noll said the fire, which happened in the 300 block of Maple Street, originated in the kitchen. It was called in about 6:30 p.m., according to York County 911. The fire came from the stove area, and a resident suffered burns from it.

"He was trying to put the fire out with his extinguisher," he said.

Noll said the fire took about 15 minutes to get under control.

One person was injured in a kitchen fire at a home in the 300 block of Maple Street in Dallastown Wednesday evening.

"It's only the room and the contents; the kitchen only," Noll said. On Wednesday evening Noll did not have a damage estimate for the fire.

He said the home is an old home that houses two apartments, one on each floor. Three residents were displaced in the blaze.

The Red Cross is assisting those displaced by the fire.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.