York City restaurants celebrate Cinco de Mayo
Looking to celebrate the 154th anniversary of the Mexican army's victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla with a cheap margarita?
This Cinco de Mayo — the holiday whose impetus is commemoration of that battle — several restaurants around York City will have you covered.
The 10 participating restaurants are having food and drink specials starting at 10 a.m. and running through the end of the day Thursday, which, as you probably already put together, is May 5.
This is organized by the York City Independent Restaurant Association, the group behind the annual restaurant week in February, according to Meagan Feeser, who runs the organization along with fellow local restaurateur Phillip Given.
According to the event's Facebook page — which includes the hashtag #cincodeyorko — the following restaurants are having specials:
- And Everything Beyond Bakery & Gift Shop in Central Market is featuring a "margarita cupcake" for $2.50.
- Bair's Chicken will have the Loco Yoco Taco at two for $6 and taco salad in a taco bowl for $7.95.
- Baron Von Schwein will offer carnitas tacos at half price.
- The Busy Bee's contribution will be the "elk taco walking bowl," which is spiced elk, salsa, aged cheddar and fresh salsa for $8.
- Central Family Restaurant rolls out a taco quesadilla for $8.50, taco salad in a tortilla bowl for $8.50, honey-lime sweet potato, black bean and corn tacos with cheddar and salsa for $6.99.
- I-ron-ic will pour spicy Mexican chocolate lattes for $5.
- Mudhook Brewing Co. will extend happy hour until its 10 p.m. closing, meaning $1 off all beers and wines and $5 quesadillas.
- Otto's Kitchen & Cocktails will proffer marinated pork tenderloin tacos for $2, as well as happy hour $5 margarita specials.
- Roosevelt Tavern will cook up pulled-pork tacos for $10 and will have $9 margarita specials at the bar.
- Tutoni's will make rockfish shrimp tacos for $9 and will also have margarita specials for $5.