Alleged York-area would-be cop killer arrested in Philly

Sean Philip Cotter
  • Trev Bowies Jackson II was arrested Friday in Philadelphia.
  • Jackson is charged with shooting several times at a York County police officer's face in November.

Trev Bowies Jackson II, the man police say fired several rounds at the head of a Northern Regional Police officer in November, has been arrested in Philadelphia, according to a news release from the U.S. Marshals Service.

Trev Jackson II is charged with attempted homicide on a Northern Regional police officer.

Marshals and local law enforcement arrested Jackson, 24, formerly of East College Avenue in York City, on Friday without incident in the 2600 block of North Stanley Street in Philadelphia. Jackson has been brought back to York County, the release states.

Background: At about 10 p.m. Nov. 22, Jackson fired three shots from a .380-caliber handgun at Officer Lynn Anderson in the parking lot of the Manchester Crossroads Shopping Center along Route 30 in Manchester Township, according to police.

Police release video of man shooting at officer's face

It happened after Anderson stopped Jackson's green Buick LeSabre for swerving in and out of his lane of travel on Route 30, then smelled marijuana coming from the car, charging documents state.

Anderson ordered Jackson, a felon out on parole, out of the Buick and was reaching for the man's arm to handcuff him when Jackson — a twice-convicted felon — turned and fired from about two feet away, according to Northern Regional Police Chief Mark Bentzel. The gun was so close to the officer it left powder burns on his face from the muzzle flash, but he wasn't otherwise hurt, the chief said.

Police: 3 York City women assisted would-be cop killer

As Jackson fired at the officer's face, Anderson dove out of the way and returned fire, squeezing off seven rounds, Bentzel said at the time. The Buick was struck with four bullets, two each in the driver door and driver window, the chief said.

Jackson was shot in the left hand when Anderson returned fire, according to police. His vehicle was found abandoned the next morning with blood in it.

Police filed charges against Jackson the next day, and released the dash-cam video from Anderson's car a few weeks later. Police later filed further charges against Jackson for allegedly stealing a bicycle, which police say he rode into the city from the Manchester Township home from which it was stolen.

Police also later filed charges against three York-area women accused of helping him.

Until Friday, he had remained a wanted fugitive on charges including attempted homicide and aggravated assault on a police officer. Billboards in York County had shown Jackson's face and advertised a $5,000 reward for information.

Anderson was placed on paid administrative leave immediately following the incident, but returned to work within a couple of weeks.

Lynn Anderson

"Interestingly enough, his first day back to work, he was out stopping cars," Bentzel said in early December. "He was doing his job. That says a lot about Lynn Anderson."

Trial ahead for 2 women accused of helping Trev Jackson II evade capture

The marshals worked with the Northern York County Regional Police Department, state police. The Philadelphia Police Department SWAT team provided "significant" assistance in arresting Jackson, the release said.

According to online court records, Jackson was arraigned Friday night and remains in York County Prison after being denied bail.

— Reach Sean Cotter or on Twitter at@SPCotterYD.