LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

A Penn Township man was found dead in his home Monday morning, according to the York County Coroner's Office.

Lewis Bowers Jr., 50, of West Granger Street was found dead around 10:30 a.m. Monday, the coroner's office confirmed.

He died after trying to heat his home with a propane stove. On Tuesday, after testing at York Hospital, his cause of death was determined accidental, due to carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the coroner's office.

Bowers did not have working electricity in his house at the time of his death, but the lack of power was not due to an outage from the storm over the weekend, according to the coroner's office.

His family has been notified.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com.

Read or Share this story: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/2016/01/26/penn-township-man-found-dead-home-monday/79378584/