Police: York City man bit, choked, threatened girlfriend

Sean Philip Cotter

Police say a York City man bit his girlfriend three times, choked her and threatened to kill her with a butcher knife early Saturday morning.

Armando Marin-Ortiz, 30, of 500 W. King St., is charged with simple assault, making terroristic threats and harassment, according to charging documents filed by York City Police.

Police say Marin-Ortiz and his girlfriend were at a party at his brother's house in the 700 block of West Philadelphia Street Friday night. He became drunk, and began insulting her and talking to his ex, so she wanted to go home, she told police.

Around 2:30 a.m., she drove herself and Marin-Ortiz back to their apartment, where he accused her of texting other men, and tried to grab her phone from her, documents state. They struggled briefly, and he bit her three times: once on the left forearm, and twice on the right upper arm, police say.

When officers arrived later, they could see red, swollen bite marks that were beginning to bruise, according to documents.

After the alleged biting, she ran into her bedroom and locked the door. Marin-Ortiz grabbed a "large butcher knife" and began using it to try to force the door open, all the while threatening to kill her, according to documents. He eventually force his way in and threatened her some more before putting down the knife, grabbing her by the neck and choking her, police say.

She later told police she couldn't breathe, documents state.

He eventually stopped choking her and began punching her in the face, only stopping when she shouted that she was going to scream for the police, according to documents.

He then left, saying he was going to go live with his ex-girlfriend, documents state.

When officers got there, they could see injuries including bite marks, finger marks on her neck, a lump on the back of her head and swelling on her face, according to documents.

logo cuffs, arrest

Police later tracked down Marin-Ortiz back at the party he'd been at; they said he smelled strongly of alcohol, and was having trouble talking and walking

Ortiz remains in York County Prison on $50,000 bail, according to authorities.