Officials: Couple hurt in oxygen tank explosion

The Associated Press

CORAOPOLIS, Pa. — Officials say smoking caused an oxygen tank to explode in a western Pennsylvania home, injuring a husband and wife.


Coraopolis Fire Chief Larry Byrge tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that a 59-year-old woman was smoking in a house when the tank exploded around 10 p.m. Sunday. He says the woman was severely burned and her 60-year-old husband burned his hands while trying to help her.

It’s unclear what their conditions are.