'My heart will never let her go': Man gets life sentence for 2019 murder

UPDATE: Alleged would-be cop killer still on run

Liz Evans Scolforo

Wednesday morning update: The York City man who police say shot at a Northern York County Regional Police officer during a traffic stop Sunday night remained on the lam Wednesday morning, according to the department's chief.

Chief Mark Bentzel said the department continues to seek tips about the whereabouts of Trev Bowies Jackson, who faces charges including attempted homicide. He said they have been receiving some tips, and though none have panned out into anything yet, he asks that the public continue to keep a lookout for the alleged shooter, who the police are treating as armed and dangerous.

Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to his capture.

— Update by staff writer Sean Philip Cotter.

Previously reported: Trev Bowies Jackson II failed to hit the Northern Regional police officer he fired at three times during a Sunday-night traffic stop, police said, but the officer's aim appears to have been true.

"He is wounded," Northern York County Regional Police Lt. David Lash said of Jackson. "We found blood in (his) vehicle."

Trev Jackson II

Police say Jackson fired three shots from a .380-caliber handgun at Officer Lynn Anderson in the parking lot of the Manchester Crossroads Shopping Center along Route 30 in Manchester Township. It happened about 10 p.m. Sunday after Anderson pulled over Jackson's green Buick LeSabre for swerving in and out of his lane of travel on Route 30, then smelled marijuana coming from the car, charging documents state.

Anderson ordered Jackson out of the Buick and was reaching for the man's arm to handcuff him when Jackson — a twice-convicted felon — turned and fired from about 2 feet away, according to Northern Regional Police Chief Mark Bentzel. The gun was so close to the officer, it left powder burns on his face from the muzzle flash, the chief said.

Returned fire: Anderson leaned away from the line of fire, rolled to the ground, then stood up and returned fire, documents state. He squeezed off six shots at Jackson, who had jumped back into his car and was taking off, police said.

Police initially were unsure whether Anderson hit his mark. But when they found Jackson's Buick Monday morning, abandoned in the 1800 block of North George Street, there was blood inside, they said. And based on the location of that blood, investigators have an idea where Jackson was shot.

"We believe he is wounded on either his left side or left arm," Lash said. "It's more than likely his left hand or arm."

So far, Jackson has not shown up at local hospitals seeking treatment, the lieutenant confirmed.

"There's still an active manhunt," Lash said. "We've been running down leads with the assistance of the U.S. Marshals (Service) Fugitive Task Force and York City Police."

Cash reward: Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers has now offered a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to Jackson's capture.

"We're still looking for information from the public," Lash said.

Lynn Anderson

Jackson, 24, of 114 E. College Ave., remains a wanted fugitive on charges including attempted homicide and aggravated assault on a police officer. A woman inside Jackson's home declined comment Monday afternoon.

Anderson, 29, remains on administrative leave while Northern Regional Police conducts an internal investigation, according to Bentzel, who predicted Anderson would return to work after a short period of time. Anderson completed an intensive month-long SWAT training earlier this month, which the chief said would certainly have helped him during Sunday night's encounter.

'Intended to kill': Bentzel said it's clear that Jackson "intended to shoot to kill."

In 2010, Jackson pleaded guilty to drug-dealing charges after being caught twice in 2009 with cocaine, according to court records; he also pleaded guilty in 2010 to being a felon in illegal possession of a firearm. He was sentenced to a total of five to 10 years in state prison on the charges, records state.

Jackson did his time at SCI Forest and was paroled on March 19, according to Susan McNaughton, press secretary for the state Department of Corrections. He remains on state parole.

Anyone who sees Jackson or knows his whereabouts is urged to call 911 immediately.

— Reach Liz Evans Scolforo at levans@yorkdispatch.com.