York City exhibit needs art
Submissions are needed for an art show called "My York City" held Feb. 5-27 at Marketview Arts Gallery Hall in downtown York.
Downtown Inc, the Cultural Alliance of York County and York College’s Division of Art and Center for Community Engagement teamed up to organize the show.
The question they want local artists to answer with their submitted pieces is, “What does your York look like? What does our downtown mean to you?”
Works of all mediums and genres are welcome.
The opening show will be held Feb. 5, on First Friday.
All works featured in the show will be for sale. Fifty percent of sales will go to the artist and the remainder will be shared by Downtown Inc. and the Cultural Alliance.
Artist lectures, literary readings, and performances will be held while the exhibit is up to showcase literary and performing-arts pieces based on the “My York City” theme. The exhibit will also be part of the city's 275th Anniversary Celebration.
If you are interested in submitting to the show, email the following information to Kelley Gibson at Kelley@culturalalliance-york.org.
- Subject line as: MY YORK CITY submission
- Full name, address, phone number, and website (anywhere your work is posted online)
- High quality image(s) that clearly shows the artwork in .jpg format
- Title, medium and dimensions for each piece
- Pricing for each piece
- Statement of a maximum of 150 words illustrating why the work shows your feelings for York City
For more information go to www.downtownyorkpa.com or visit the Cultural Alliance of York County's Facebook page.