LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

A Warrington Township man died Saturday after he had been seriously injured 10 days earlier while trying to break up a fight at the Christmas tree farm where he lived and worked, authorities say.

Juan Pozar-Felipe, 59, was found unresponsive Sept. 10 at the employee barracks at Strathmeyer Christmas Trees, 255 Ziegler Road, with blunt-force head trauma he had suffered the day before, the York County Coroner's Office said.

Two sets of charging documents filed Sept. 10 allege that men who also live and work at that address assaulted Pozar-Felipe, leaving him seriously injured.

Emergency responders were called to the Christmas tree farm about 5:30 a.m. that day for reports a man was hurt. The medical personnel found Pozar-Felipe with what the charging documents describe as a life-threatening head injury, and they requested that state troopers, who have jurisdiction over Warrington Township, come and investigate the incident.

Police found a dried pool of blood on the floor near a post on the front porch of the barracks, according to documents.

Fight: They also found a witness who said he and Pozar-Felipe tried to break up an alcohol-fueled fight between Pedro Felipe-Nolazco, 39, and his son Cecilio Felipe-Vicente, 23, around 11 p.m. the night before. The documents allege the man told police Felipe-Nolazco punched his son a few times before the witness restrained him and Pozar-Felipe held back Felipe-Vicente.

Felipe-Nolazco them broke away from the witness, charged at his son and pushed Pozar-Felipe off him, knocking Pozar-Felipe to the ground, according to documents.

And then they left him there, where he was discovered the next morning, unresponsive, police allege.

At York Hospital, Pozar-Felipe's condition "deteriorated," and he was pronounced dead shortly after midnight Saturday, the coroner's office said.

Felipe-Nolazco told police he had been drunk and fought with his son but doesn't remember either hitting Felipe-Vicente or knocking Pozar-Felipe to the ground, "but indicated it could have happened," wrote Trooper J.J. Feeney, who authored the charging documents.

Felipe-Vicente, sporting a bruised eye and several other minor injuries, told police at the time that he and his father had fought while they all were drunk on the porch, and that Pozar-Felipe had been knocked to the ground while trying to break up the fight, according to charging documents.

Felipe-Vicente was arraigned Sept. 10 on charges of simple assault, reckless endangerment and harassment; Felipe-Nolazco was charged with two counts of simple assault as well as one each of reckless endangerment and harassment, according to the criminal complaints against them.

Both spent a few days in jail before going free on $25,000 bail, according to online court records.

An autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death has been scheduled for 8 a.m. Monday.

No one from the Christmas tree company could be reached Sunday.

State police continue to investigate and also couldn't be reached for comment on Sunday.

- Reach Sean Cotter at scotter@yorkdispatch.com.

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/2015/09/20/coroner-man-dies-after-reported-assault-at-york/73469664/