Pa. woman lights cigarette in car, propane tank explodes
PITTSBURGH — Authorities say a woman was taken to a western Pennsylvania hospital after she lit a cigarette in a vehicle and a propane tank inside exploded.
Police said the woman was with a group in a tailgating lot on Pittsburgh's North Side before the Pirates game on Saturday night.
Investigators said the group had placed propane tanks they used for grilling in the car before leaving for the game.
They said the woman left the game before others in the group and returned to the car, but when she lit a cigarette, at least one of the propane tanks exploded.
Police said the woman was taken to Allegheny General Hospital and reported in stable condition. Police said at least 10 surrounding vehicles were left with at least some damage.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.