Fire chief: Shrewsbury girl badly burned Sunday night
A 9-year-old girl is in stable condition after being badly burned by a fire pit Saturday night at her Shrewsbury home, according to Shrewsbury Fire Chief Tony Myers.
The girl and her siblings were trying to re-light the fire pit at around 10 p.m. in their house in the first block of Plank Road when her clothes caught fire, he said.
The girl suffered a combination of first-, second- and third-degree burns in the accident, the chief said.
He said a medical helicopter flew her down to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.
The "last he'd heard" she was in stable condition there.
Authorities weren't releasing the name of the girl because she's a minor.
— Reach Sean Philip Cotter at email@example.com.