Giant removes recalled brownies, snacks and cookies
Giant Food Stores has removed certain Keebler, Kellogg, Murray and Famous Amos products from its stores after a recall issued by the Kellogg Co., according to a company news release.
The brownies, snack foods and cookies were recalled because they might contain peanut residue, which is not included on the ingredient list. These products are safe to consume for those without a peanut allergy.
The recall includes:
- Kellogg’s Special K Mini Brownies Blondie, with best-by dates of 1/1/17 and 1/2/17
- Kellogg’s Special K Mini Brownies Fudge, with a best-by date of 1/3/17
- Keebler Frozen Graham Snacks Disney Cinnamon, with a best-by date of 1/6/17
- Keebler Frozen Graham Snacks Cinnamon, with best-by dates of 1/5/17, 1/20/17 and 1/21/17
- Keebler E.L. Fudge Double Stuffed Sandwich Cookies, with best-by dates of 1/6/17-1/8/17
- Keebler Animals Crackers, with best-by dates of 12/19/16-1/4/17
- Murray Ginger Snaps Old Fashioned Ginger Cookies, with best-by dates of 1/1/17 and 1/4/17
- Famous Amos Cookies Double Chocolate Chip, with best-by dates of 1/4/17 and 1/5/17
- Famous Amos Cookies Chocolate Chip Pecan, with a best-by date of 1/14/17
- Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies, with best-by dates of 12/11/16, 12/14/16 and 12/15/16
- Keebler Gripz Variety On the Go Pack, with best-by dates of 12/9/16-12/11/16
Giant hasn't received any reports of illnesses related to the items to date but advises customers who purchased these products to discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt back to the store for a full refund.