Meat drawing and more in Dover
Union Fire and Hose Co. No. 1 of Dover has several upcoming public events.
- Meat drawing, Friday, March 9, at the station at 30 E. Canal St. in Dover. Doors open at 5 p.m., dinner is served at 6 p.m. and the drawings start at 7 p.m. Prizes are from Weavers if Wellsville. The company's service project for March is to collect nonperishable food items and toiletries for New Hope Ministries. The next meat drawing will be Friday April 13.
- Chocolate Bingo, Sunday, March 18. Doors open at 12:30 p.m. and bingo starts at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15 for 24 games of bingo. Special games also available. Refreshments available for purchase.
- Public supper, Saturday, March 24. Baked turkey pie and boiled beef pot pie served at 3:30 p.m., take out or eat in the dining room.
- Gun raffle dinner, Saturday, April 7. Doors open at 3 p.m., ham dinner served 5 to 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 for a chance at 21 guns. Other raffles and games of chance also available.
- A 300 club dinner is planned for Saturday, May 5. Doors open at 5 p.m., dinner served at 6 p.m. Meal includes broasted chicken, steamed shrimp, baked potato, baked beans, dessert and drinks. DJ Jeff D will provide music for dancing. Cash prizes of $1,300 will be given. Other games of chance also available. Tickets are $20.
For tickets, contact Elaine, 717-292-1392, Cathy, 717-873-0385, or any fire company member.
Read or Share this story: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/life/announcements/2018/03/08/meat-drawing-dover/32762379/