Join the Conversation
To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs
Union Fire and Hose plans events
Union Fire and Hose Co., 30 E. Canal St., Dover, has announced its upcoming public events.
For tickets to most of the events, call Elaine at 717-292-1392 or Cathy at 717-873-0385.
- Fire prevention open house, 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 11, with fire truck rides, displays, crafts and refreshments. Free admission.
- Dinner, 6 p.m., and meat drawing, 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 13. Donations of new toys requested for children in need.
- Gun raffle (21 guns) and hot beef sandwich dinner, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 29. Other raffles and games of chance available. Tickets: $20 (for ages 21 and older).
- Coach bag bingo, 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 5. Tickets: $18 in advance, $20 at the door (opens at 12:30 p.m.). Food available.
- 300 Club drawing and broasted chicken and shrimp dinner with DJ music, 6-10 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11. Cash prizes: $1,300. For ages 21 and older.
- Holiday turkey or ham dinner, 6 p.m., and comedy by Earl David Reed, 7:15 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 16. Must be at least 18 years old to attend. Tickets: $30 (Louise Yingling, 717-586-9394).