Fruit, vegetable vouchers available
The York County Area Agency on Aging, in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, is again offering the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program to eligible York County seniors.
The program provides $20 in vouchers for fresh fruit and vegetables from participating local farm markets.
Participants must be York County residents ages 60 and older with an annual household income of $22,311 or less for a single person and $30,044 or less for a couple. A proxy form is also available.
Residents of nursing homes, personal care facilities or any residential settings that offer meals are ineligible.
To apply, visit www.ycaaa.org.
Vouchers will be distributed at the following locations:
- Northeastern Senior Community Center, 131 Center St., Mount Wolf, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Monday, June 5.
- South Central Senior Center, 150 E. Main St., New Freedom, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 6.
- Windy Hill on the Campus, 1472 Roth’s Church Road, Spring Grove, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Thursday, June 8.
- Crispus Attucks Association, 605 S. Duke St., 9:30-11:30 a.m. Friday, June 9.
- York Central Market, 34 W. Philadelphia St., 10-11 a.m. Tuesday, June 27.
- Susquehanna Area Senior Center, 2427 Craley Road, Lower Windsor Township, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 28.
- White Rose Senior Center, 27 South Broad St., 9-11:30 a.m. Thursday, June 29.
- Dillsburg Senior Activity Center, 1 N. Second St., Dillsburg, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Thursday, July 6.
- Golden Connections Community Center, 20-C Gotham Place, York Township, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Friday, July 7.
- White Rose Senior Center, 27 S. Broad St., 9-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 11.
- Red Land Senior Center, 736 Wyndamere Road, Lewisberry, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 12.
- Hanover Council of Churches, 136 Carlisle St., 9:30-11:30 a.m. Thursday, July 13.
- Brown’s Orchards pavilion, 8892 Susquehanna Trail South, Springfield Township, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, July 18 and Aug. 8.
- Flinchbaugh’s Orchards pavilion, 110 Ducktown Road, Hellam Township, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Thursday, July 20.
- Calvary Bible Church, 603 Wilson Ave., Hanover, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 25.
- Calvary United Methodist Church, 11 N. Richland Ave., 9:30-11:30 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 3.
- White Rose Senior Center, 27 S. Broad St., 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 15.
- Heritage Senior Center, 3700 Davidsburg Road, Dover Township, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 24.
For more information, call (717) 771-9610.