Join the Conversation
To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs
People You Know: Business, May 25
- The Children’s Home of York has announced that Dr. Joseph Birli, of Leola, Pa., has been named its new president and chief executive officer. Birli received a doctorate degree in education leadership from Wilmington University, a master’s degree in counseling from West Chester University, and a bachelor’s degree in social work from Eastern University.
- SpiriTrust Lutheran has announced the appointment of Christopher Ridenhour to the newly created position of director of workplace culture. In this position Ridenhour is responsible for implementing the agency-wide leadership development and successful supervision programs; providing support as a mentor to leaders throughout the agency; and helping to create an operating plan for the Great Place to Work initiative.
WellSpan Health has welcomed three physicians to York County. They are Dr. Samuel Apeatu, who joined WellSpan Pediatric Neurology in York and Gettysburg, Dr. Regina Abhulimen and Dr. Kelly Curtin-Hallinan (D.O.), who both joined WellSpan Pediatric Medicine, East Market Street, York.
All three doctors are board certified.
Volunteers and team members of SpiriTrust Lutheran’s York County Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program prepared free federal, state and local income tax returns for 6,243 residents whose household income was $54,000 or less in 2016. Combined federal and state tax returns completed through VITA resulted in more than $7.7 million being returned to York County taxpayers. Also, 459 taxpayers used the program’s online filing option.
In total, 46 volunteers donated more than 3,000 hours as tax preparers, greeters and schedulers.
- Justin Cramer, of York, recently won the silver medal in the carpentry competition at Associated Builders and Contractors’ 30th annual National Craft Championships in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Cramer works for Brownstown-based Benchmark Construction Co. Inc. and is finishing his apprenticeship at ABC's Keystone Chapter's Apprenticeship & Training Trust. He received a medal and $500. A list of the winners is available on ABC’s website.
- Keurig Green Mountain named the York-based Glatfelter Composite Fibers Business Unit its Supplier of the Year at its Top 100 Supplier Conference.
- Country Meadows Retirement Communities received a 2017 Argentum Best of the Best Award for its children's story and activity book on dementia, "The Unforgettable Adventures of Grandma's Cape." Argentum is the leading national trade association serving companies that own, operate and support senior living communities in the United States.
ON THE BOARD
Laura Gurreri, director of sales at the York County Convention & Visitors Bureau, was recently named to the board of the National Association of Sports Commissions.
Local Comcast employees and their families, friends and community partners volunteered to improve several sites in the York area on April 22 as part of the 16th annual Comcast Cares Day.
The volunteers served at Bell Socialization Services’ Bed Race, 135 N. Beaver St.; Go Green in the City, 221 W. Philadelphia St.; and ARC of York County’s Camp Pennwood, 497 Hill St.
To submit business news for this online column, email firstname.lastname@example.org.