Traffic advisory for Race Against Racism
The York City Police Department has announced a traffic advisory, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, April 29, for the Race Against Racism event, which will begin in the 300 block of East Market Street at the YWCA.
Streets affected by the race will be:
- East Market, from Queen to Hartman streets.
- Hartman Street, from East Market to Hay streets.
- Hay Street, from Hartman to Tremont streets.
- Tremont Street, from Hay to Wallace streets.
- Wallace Street, from Tremont to Mulberry streets.
- Mulberry Street, from Wallace to Hay streets.
- Hay Street, from Mulberry to State streets.
- State Street, from Hay to Wallace streets.
- Wallace Street, from State to Broad streets.
- Broad Street, from Wallace to Chestnut streets.
- Chestnut Street, from Broad to Pine streets.
- Pine Street, from Chestnut to Market streets.
Several of the streets will be closed to vehicular traffic from 8 a.m. until immediately after the race passes through.
There will be no parking restrictions on Reinecke Place from Pine Street to Columbia Avenue from 7:30 a.m. until noon.
Anyone traveling in the area should expect delays and use caution.