Join the Conversation
To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs
People You Know, April 13
Central Penn College: Megan Campbell and Alexa Gochenaur, both of Airville; Brittany Andress, of Codorus; Kinsey Anderson, Justine Bauer and Jodi Brown, all of Dillsburg; Carissa Althouse and William Smith, both of Dover; Shawna Handley, Jahred Klahre, Crystal Kordowski, Sherry McConaughey and Valerie Schmidt, all of Etters; Latoya Jones, of Felton; Zachary Sprenkle, of Glen Rock; Jennifer Carbaugh, Jennifer Fissel, Kelli Kint and Shelby Wolf, all of Hanover; Megan Rycek, of Hellam; Maximillian Van Schilt, of Lewisberry; Monal Graham, of Loganville; Amanda Deitz, Ariel Livelsberger, Kyle Mathis, Maxine Snelbaker and Steve Vogelsong, all of Manchester; Samantha Johnson, of New Freedom; Jena Hull and Shannon Waldrup, both of Spring Grove; Kimberly Romoser, of Stewartstown; Alayna Galbraith and Amanda Shank, both of Windsor; Jason Cox and Joseph Foehlinger, both of Wrightsville; Shonna Akins, Misty Chalk, Kiana Chow-Kai, Linda Collins, Victoria Damiano, Carley Eisel, Natanael Feliciano, Caitlin Garner, Nathaniel Kosalek, Crystal Kreider, Kimberly Miller, Kayla Oberdick, Eduardo Ramos, Lynneth Renomeron, Joshua Smith, Adam Walker, Hannah Williams and Sabrina Yang, all of York; and Tara Zydor, of York Haven.
Emerson College: Allison Moltz, of New Freedom.
Concordia University: Anna Holle, of Stewartstown, performed with the symphonic band at its spring concert.
Medaille College: Student-athlete Andrew Parks, of York, recently helped earn five Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference Team Peak Performer awards, the most in the conference. The awards honor teams with the highest cumulative team grade-point average.
Pennsylvania Dental Association: Ewan Clark, 8, a student at Dillsburg Elementary, received an honorable mention in the National Children’s Dental Health Month statewide poster contest for third-graders.
Stevenson University: Women's field hockey players who were named to the 2016 Gladiator National Academic Squad are Maggie Noll, of Dallastown; Ashli Glatfelter (with distinction), of Manchester; and Holli Eppley (fourth year) and Alexis Young (with distinction), both of York.
Andrews University: Gregory Fuhrman, of York, was initiated into Phi Kappa Phi all-discipline collegiate honor society.
Duquesne University: Kathryn Schaeffer, of Shrewsbury, was initiated into Phi Kappa Phi all-discipline collegiate honor society.
Lebanon Valley College: Laura Schmidt, of Red Lion, and Emily Thoman, of Wrightsville, were inducted into Phi Alpha Epsilon honor society for academic achievement and service to others.
Northern Arizona University: Betty Ward, of Felton, was initiated into Phi Kappa Phi all-discipline collegiate honor society.
Pennsylvania State University: Among those initiated into Phi Kappa Phi all-discipline collegiate honor society are Shelby Cooke, of Hanover; Matthew Bentz, of Mount Wolf; Joyce Rohrbaugh, of Stewartstown; Scott Barshinger, of Wellsville; and Alyssa Bixler, of York.
Stevenson University: Rebecca Gruver, of York, was inducted into Kappa Mu Epsilon national honor society for mathematics.
YORK COUNTY SCHOOLS
Northern High School: Sophomores who were inducted into the World Language Honor Society on March 8 are:
- Spanish: Olivia Falck, Mackenzie Hammel, Brianna Hertz, Marc Hudson, Charles Humpert, Joseph Richwine, Aunna Rubacha, Leah Schreffler, Gracen Smacher, Katelyn Boyce, Brynlee Brenneman, Charles Dain, Morgan Hrinda, Alexis Hunter, Cameron Kearns, Emma Lazar, Daniel Leitholf, William Lindoefer, Rachel Loyer, Courtney Middaugh, Kentucky Nelson, Sarah Nye, Robert Skinnell, Jackalyn Speicher, Kayla Swope, Audra White, Sawyer Alves, Chloe Bartram, Alexis Bream, Abigail Clendaniel, John Daggs, Elizabeth Friends, Brianna Guarnieri, Taylor Heckman, Dylan Kraus, Katherine Luft, Jessica McKay, Morgan Starliper, Brandon Stauffer and Ethan Still.
- French: Amber Swaisgood, Aidan Young, Maura Eardley, Katy Cummings, Grace Isenberg, Morgan Landis, Isaac Staats, Laila Hosni, Brooke Breon, Tyler Rodgers, Natalie Stine and Gillian Davis.
York Suburban Education Foundation: Eleven grants totaling $45,078.54 were awarded for programs in the district to:
- Dr. Denise Fuhrman, East York Elementary, $1,549.34 for Greenhouses to Grow Healthy and Successful Students.
- Laura Gordon, East York and Yorkshire elementary schools, $750 for Escaping Language Limits.
- Lorie Meckley, Valley View Elementary, $2,339.54 for Mindful Moments and Yoga for Kids.
- Amy Kendrick and Tac Thomas, high school; Donna Kran, Matt Moran, Karen Campbell and Jared Moore, middle school; and Marilyn Henning, Valley View and Yorkshire elementary schools, $30,000 in support of Learning Commons initiative to incorporate science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics.
- Katie Green, Nancy Karkoska and Jamie McFadden, middle school, $3,000 for Trout in the Classroom.
- Jill Feltenberger and Beth Milkowski, high school, $1,295 for Job Ready Career Skills Online Program.
- Kristie Kopp and Lorra Cummings, middle school, $6,144.10 for Stand Up For Kids.
Air Force: Airman 1st Class Brady D. Beck graduated from basic military training, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
Air Force: Airman Gabriel E. Jones, of Stewartstown, graduated from basic military training, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
Air Force: Airman Austin C. Bollinger graduated from basic military training, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
Air Force: Airman Matthew J. Scaife II graduated from basic military training, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
Email items for this column to email@example.com.