Free events in April at York College
York College has announced several free events in April.
- "The Dinner Party," the final student play of the season, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Friday, April 6-8, in Perko Playpen blackbox, Walder Performing Arts Center. Reservations: www.eventbrite.com.
- Julie Reinhard Lupton, a University of California, Irvine, professor, will present Becoming a Creative Citizen through the Arts and Humanities, 7 p.m. Thursday, April 7, in Weinstock Lecture Hall, Willman Business Center. Admission is free. The talk is hosted by the college’s Center for Civic Arts and Humanities.
- Timothy Snyder, a Yale University professor and author of “Black Earth: The Holocaust as History and Warning,” will present the inaugural Jon Kirssin ’78 Lectureship in History, 7 p.m. Monday, April 11, in DeMeester Recital Hall, Evelyn and Earle Wolf Hall.
- Faculty panel to discuss the practice of arts and humanities, 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 13, in the Humanities Center, Room 218.
- Lecture on heart disease in aging females by Nanette Tomicek, of Penn State, 5 p.m. Wednesday, April 13, in Weinstock Lecture Hall.
- The Lydian String Quartet will perform, 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 15, in DeMeester Recital Hall.
For more information, visit www.ycp.edu.