Join the Conversation
To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs
Top 10 Life Lessons You Learn As A Theatre Tech
1. Black is always chic. Although, I once dressed as a monk while a stagehand at DC’s Arena Stage.
2. Patience is a virtue. And waiting is an art.
3. Be clear when communicating with others.
In theater: In is down, down is front Out is up, up is back Off is out, on is in And of course, Left is right and right is left
4. Treat everyone with respect, especially those lending a helping hand.
5. Always get a good night’s rest. There is nothing worse than waking up in the middle of a scene change and wondering, “Am I putting this on stage or taking it off!?”
6. Organization is the key to success.
7. Expect the unexpected.
8. Silence is Golden. The audience pays to hear the actors ON stage, not the gossip BACK stage!
9. You must be able to keep cool under pressure.
10. You are never alone...except maybe for one-man shows. But this is ALWAYS true at DreamWrights.
Bob "T. Builder" McCleary
Technical Director, DreamWrights