Join the Conversation
To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs
UPDATE: Easter egg hunts around York County
- UPDATE: York City will host the 43rd Annual Easter Egg Hunt, 5 p.m. Thursday, March 29, at Kiwanis Lake. Children ages 1 through 8 can gather candy-filled eggs with the hope of finding a prize egg.
- Spry Church, 50 School St., will host its annual Easter Egg Extravaganza for all children under the age of 12 at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 24. The day will begin in the Fellowship Hall with a short program followed by an egg hunt outside. There will be a special area with eggs filled with non-food items for children who have food allergies. All children and their families from the community are invited to this event. Information: 717-741-1429 or email email@example.com.
- ValleyView Alliance Church, 200 Alliance Ave., Hellam Township, will hold Easter egg hunts starting at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 24. The hunts will be broken into three age groups: 2- to 4-year-olds, 5- to 7-year-olds and 8- to 10-year-olds. Some eggs will include tickets redeemable for special prizes. To register a child, visit www.valleyviewcma.org and click on the "Easter Egg Hunt" banner.
- First Presbyterian Church of York, 225 E. Market St., will hold an Easter egg hunt and free community dinner, Sunday, March 25. Everyone welcome. Egg hunt begins at 1 p.m. on the front lawn, and sit-down, home-cooked meal will be served beginning at 1:15 p.m. Information: https://www.facebook.com/events/616930531985464/
- A community Easter Egg Hunt for children birth through kindergarten will begin at 1 p.m. Wednesday, March 28, at the Mount Wolf Community Park, Fourth and Maple Streets, Mount Wolf. The VFW Auxiliary to Susquehanna Post 2493, Veterans of Foreign Wars of Mount Wolf is sponsoring the egg hunt. The children will be divided by age group. The youngest boy and girl will be given special recognition, and all children present will receive a treat. Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny will be there. In case of inclement weather, the Egg Hunt will be moved to the Mount Wolf Eagle Fire Company Hall, 54 Center St., Mount Wolf. Information: Patti Kinder at 717-266-2189.
- New Hope (Fissel's) UCC Church, 3426 Fissel's Church Road, Glen Rock, is having its Easter Bunny Breakfast and Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 31. Breakfast with the Easter Bunny will be held at 9 a.m. followed by an Egg Hunt at 10 a.m. The Easter Bunny will visit and bring treats for all the children. The church is located below Susquehannock High School. Donations will be accepted to benefit Spirit of Hope mission projects. For more details call the church at 717-235-2033 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mount Zion Lutheran Church, 2164 Mount Zion Road in York, is hosting its annual community Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, March 31. The event begins with light lunch served at noon in the church’s Fellowship Hall. Free, preregistration required by calling the church office at 717-757-7626 by Wednesday, March 28. Children will be grouped according to age, from infants to grade five. Treats and prizes will be awarded to all participants.
Read or Share this story: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/entertainment/2018/03/22/easter-egg-hunts-around-york-county/451091002/