Storm-related cancellations and delays
The impending snow storm is causing organizations to cancel or postpone events scheduled for this weekend. If you would like your event listed here, please send the information to email@example.com.
- Due to the impending major snowstorm, Penn State York Cabaret for a Cure to Benefit THON, a talent a variety show originally scheduled for 7 p.m. Friday, has been rescheduled until Friday, Jan. 29, at the Pullo Family Performing Arts Center. Tickets already purchased for the show will be honored. Proceeds from the event benefit THON and the battle to fight pediatric cancer.
- The Garth Brooks World Tour with Trisha Yearwood concerts scheduled for Friday and Saturday at the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore have been postponed. The Friday show will be rescheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 31, and the Saturday show will be rescheduled for 7 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 31. All tickets for the postponed shows will be honored for the new date and times.
- The York Symphony Orchestra has cancelled Saturday’s 7:30 p.m. performance of “A Stormy Night” due to the impending snow storm. The Shakespeare-inspired concert was slated to be the second performance in the 2015-2016 classical series, and would have featured Haochen Zhang, a gold medal winner of the Van Cliburn International Piano, according to a news release. The symphony will mail full cash refunds, according to General Manager Michael Reichman. Those wishing to donate the purchase amount of their tickets back to York Symphony Orchestra can do so by using the return envelope provided with their mailed refund check. Additional information is available at www.yorksymphony.org or by calling (717) 846-1111.
- The Royer’s Kids Club event scheduled for 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday has been rescheduled for Jan. 30. Those with reservations will have their registrations automatically moved to Jan. 30. Those who can't make the new date are asked to call their local stores to cancel their registrations.
- The York County Solid Waste Authority announced that the York County Resource Recovery Center will be closed on Saturday because of the pending storm. The center will reopen on Monday. Residents and businesses who have trash pick-up on Saturday should be advised that the major waste haulers serving York County will not be operating on Saturday. It is recommended that waste receptacles not be placed at the curb until the storm has passed and roads are plowed. Information: www.ycswa.com.
Read or Share this story: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/entertainment/2016/01/21/storm-related-cancellations-and-delays/79122664/