The third annual Boutique Week - highlighting York City's small and independently owned home and apparel retailers - will kick off this year with a fall trends fashion luncheon at 12:30 p.m. Sept. 2, at Mudhook Brewing Co., 34 N. Cherry Lane, York.
Owners of local boutiques including Arthur & Daughters, Indigo Bleu and Elizabeth & West will discuss fall trends such as scarves, boots and more, event and marketing coordinator Meagan Feeser said.
"It's an intimate setting," she said. "It's a one-on-one experience with the boutiques and their owners."
The weeklong series of events aims to shine a spotlight on 20 downtown businesses, Feeser said, and will add several new retailers including restaurants, cafes and nonprofits.
The capstone of the week will be a First Friday fashion show at 7 p.m. in Central Market in downtown York.
Participating shops will send their models down the runway with a variety of looks for women, men and children. Following the grand finale, Feeser said, the audience will be unleashed on First Friday.
Other events include a fashion happy hour, boutique trunk shows and a kids' fashion tea party at noon Sept. 6 in Central Market.
All participating shops will be open until 7 p.m. throughout the week. Participating retailers include:
- Arthur & Daughters, 49 N. Beaver St., York
- Bistro 19, 19 N. Geoge St., York
- Central Market, 34 W. Philadelphia St., York
- Cherie Anne Designs, 48 W. Philadelphia St., York
- Elizabeth & West, 15 N. Beaver St., York
- The Green Bean, 100 S. Beaver St., York
- Indigo Bleu, 39 W. Philadelphia St., York
- Kimman's, 57 N. Beaver St., York
- Kryslyn's Bridal Boutique, 286 W. Market St., York
- Lotus Moon, 36 N. Beaver St., York
- My Girlfriend's Wardrobe, 41 W. Market St., York
- Nuts About Granola, 46 W. Philadelphia St., York
- Redeux, 113 S. Duke St., York
- Sweet Melissa's Dream, 38 N. Beaver St., York
- Tutoni's, 108 N. George St., York
- United Way of York County, 800 E. King St., York
- The Watchmaker's Daughter, 22 N. Beaver St., York
- White Rose Bar & Grill, 48 N. Beaver St., York
- York County Heritage Trust, 250 E. Market St., York
- I-ron-ic, 256 W. Philadelphia St., York
- Park Street Pantry, 24 N. Beaver St., York
- Jr League Thrift Shop, 166 W. Market St., York
- Art & Framing Warehouse, 147 W. Philadelphia St., York
York City Boutique Week Events
Tuesday, Sept. 2
Boutique Week kicks off with the Fall Trends Fashion Luncheon at 12:30 p.m. at Mudhook Brewing Co., 34 N. Cherry Lane, York. Local boutique owners will discuss fall fashion trends over a catered lunch provided by The Busy Bee and Copper Crust. Tickets: $15.
Wednesday, Sept. 3
Fashion, food and fun meet for a Fashion Happy Hour from 5 to 7 p.m. at stores along Beaver Street. The street will be shut down for a fashion takeover with live mannequins in the windows, beer sampling from The Beer Ace and food trucks.
Thursday, Sept. 4
Trunk show night promises shoppers a fun night of exclusives and shopping at particpating boutiques.
Friday, Sept. 5
Join emcees Rep. Kevin Schreiber and Meg Feeser, along with 40 models from a variety of retailers, for the fashion event of the year in York City, kicking off at 7 p.m. in Central Market. The First Friday Fashion Show will offer a taste of New York Fashion Week with a York City flare. Tickets: $5.
Saturday, Sept. 6
Kids can have fun with fashion, too, this year at a Kids' Fashion Tea Party at noon in the Market District in downtown York. Parents, kids and their dolls and teddy bears can enjoy fashion-related activities and crafts including: Make-your-own charm bracelet, make-your-own swag bag, a progressive tea luncheon, a cupcake and candy bar, dress up fashion photo booth, kids' fashion demonstration, prizes and more. Tickets: $20-$30.