The York Little Theatre announced their 2014 youth summer theater camp series. The theater will offer the camps as part of their recently introduced educational component, The Belmont Academy, at YLT, 27 S. Belmont St., York. The following youth summer theater camps will be offered:
- Disney's Sleeping Beauty: It's Princess Aurora's 16th birthday, and Flora, Fauna and Merryweather must use their fairy magic to save her from the spell of the evil sorceress Maleficent in this musical theater experience from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 23-27. With characters and songs from the beloved film, including "Once Upon a Dream," and fun new songs like "Maleficent!" and "A Little Magic Now," join YLT and find out what it takes to bring this classic fairytale told Disney-style to the stage on Friday, June 27. Ages: 5-7 and 8-12. Cost: $160
- Stage Make-Up and Masks: Students will learn how to apply standard and character stage make-up, plus gain an understanding of make-up materials and tools from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 7-11. By the end of the course, students will have an understanding of techniques, skills, research and preparation and be invited to assist in YLT's Make-up Studio for an actual production. Ages: 8-12 and 12-years and up. Cost: $160; make-up kit $18.
- Princesses and Pirates: Calling all princesses in waiting and pirates in training to the theater July 14-18. Join YLT for a week of the royal treatment where you can use your imagination to be any of your favorite princess characters - and even create a princess all your own! Pirates will explore adventures of well-known tales and travel. A half-day session for children ages 3-4 is available from 9 a.m. to noon. Cost: $90. A full-day session is available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for children ages 5-7 or 8-12. Cost: $160.
- The Magic Treehouse: Brother and sister team Jack and Annie discover a magical tree house filled with books in this camp based on the popular book series from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 21-25. Performance will be held on July 25. Ages: 5-7 and 8-12. Cost: $160.
- Disney's The Jungle Book: Be a part of the action with Mowgli, Baloo, King Louie and the gang as they swing their way through madcap adventures and thwart the ferocious tiger, Shere Khan, July 28-August 1. Adapted for young performers from the beloved film, this musical includes favorite Disney tunes, including "The Bare Necessities" and "I Wan'na Be Like You." Performance will be held on Friday, August 1. A half-day session for children ages 3-4 is available from 9 a.m. to noon. Cost: $90. A full-day session is available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for children ages 5-7 or 8-12. Cost: $160.
To register, call 717-854-3894 or visit www.ylt.org.