* Gateway Church International welcomes families in the community to attend Wacky Wild Safari, a fall family festival planned for 6-8:30 p.m. Friday as a safe, fun Halloween alternative. Children and parents are encouraged to come dressed for the event in their most wild and wacky safari costumes. There will be food, games, face painting, crafts, rides including bounce house, barrel trains, hay rides and lots of candy. Music and puppet entertainment will be going on throughout the event. Everyone must register at the information station near the main building in order to receive a food voucher. Pre-register online at www.gatewaychurchyork.com. The church is located at 50 Blunston Lane, off Route 462 in Hellam Township. For more information call the church office at (717) 252-4148 or check www.gatewaychurchyork.com.
* St. David's E.C. Church, 2411 Oakland Road, Dover, is having a free community fun fest from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday. There will be fun, food, games with prizes and costume contests with prizes, candy, hayrides (weather permitting), a bounce house for the younger kids and an obstacle course for the older kids. The church is located behind Pizza Hut off Route 74 in Dover. For more information, call 764-0033.
* Otterbein UMC of Spry, 50 School St., will host Trunk-Or-Treat in the parking lot, 7-9 p.m. Friday. Participants are encouraged to go in costume and decorate their car trunk. Prizes will be given for best-decorated trunks.
* The fourth annual community children's fall festival will be held from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday at Stewartstown United Methodist Church, 26 S. Main St., Stewartstown. The festival will take place in the fellowship hall of the church. There will be a costume contest and parade at 1 p.m. Prizes will be awarded for the most creative, most beautiful and funniest costumes in three age groups: age 4 and under, ages 5 through 8, and age 9 and up. It is requested that costumes not include gore, violence, horror or satanic themes. There will also be free games, free face-painting, free pumpkin decorating and free crafts to make. Refreshments will be available, free for children under 11 years of age. A special contest for moms and dads will also be part of the day. Free bags of treats will be provided to all children in grades 5 and under. Church cookbooks will be available for purchase.
* A family fall fun night is scheduled for 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday at Friendship Community Church, 3380 Fox Run Road, Dover. Parents can enjoy an evening of Halloween fun with their children, ages 0-12. Children can wear their Halloween costumes, and there will be seven rooms to "trick or treat," plus crafts, make your own snack and more. Those attending can bring a camera to take pictures of their kids at the Photo Stop. For questions, call the church at 779-0400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.