SUNBURY, Pa. - A Pennsylvania prosecutor says police have yet to substantiate a 19-year-old woman's claims that she committed more than 20 murders before the one she's now charged with.

Northumberland County District Attorney Tony Rosini said Tuesday that ethical rules bar him from commenting on statements made by Miranda Barbour of Selinsgrove, who with her husband faces a possible death sentence if convicted in the November slaying of a man they lured to Sunbury through a Craigslist ad.

In a recent prison interview, Miranda Barbour claimed to have previously killed at least 22 people in multiple states as part of her involvement in a satanic cult.

So far, the Pennsylvania State Police and the state attorney general's office are not involved in the investigation.