Deputies say 75-year-old William E. Miller of Windber, Pa., was pronounced dead Thursday morning at his RV. His wife, 76-year-old, Ruth L. Miller, was taken to a hospital in Cumberland.
Officials say the Millers started a gas generator near the rear of their RV shortly before going to sleep Wednesday night. Deputies say the generator was only several feet from the recreation vehicle, with its exhaust pointing toward the RV.
Officials say the couple fell asleep with the generator running, and exhaust fumes entered the RV.
The couple was discovered Thursday morning.