BUTLER, Pa.—State police say a 43-year-old western Pennsylvania man has been electrocuted after his metal ladder hit some electrical wires as the man was placing the ladder against a house.

Troopers from the Butler barracks say Roger Lee Cravener was shocked about 2:40 p.m. Wednesday in Center Township. That's about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh.

Cravener died a short time later at Butler Memorial Hospital.

Police didn't immediately say who owned the home or what kind of work Cravener was doing with the ladder.