1. AT LEAST 4 DEATHS BEING LINKED TO SANDY-RELATED STORMS IN PENNSYLVANIA
The first was an elderly Lancaster County man who died Sunday falling from a tree he was trimming to prepare for the storm. An 8-year-old boy near Montrose and a 62-year-old man near Boyertown were killed by felled trees, and an unidentified passenger died when a vehicle crashed into a pond after sliding on slushy roads near Rockwood.
2. MORE THAN 1.2 MILLION REMAIN WITHOUT POWER, MOSTLY IN EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA
PECO was reporting nearly 600,000 without power in Philadelphia and nearby counties, while Bucks County reported about 200,000 without power, and Chester County the Lehigh Valley were also hard hit.
3. VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN SCRAPS THURSDAY CAMPAIGN VISIT TO SCRANTON DUE TO STORM
Biden's wife canceled some Pennsylvania stops in advance of the storm last weekend, and Biden had hoped to visit the town where he grew up later in the week. But the widespread effects of the storm have stopped that for now.
4. PITTSBURGH, WESTERN PA AVOID WORST OF SANDY'S WRATH
But the storm is affecting some residents. About 10,000 have lost power, and there has been minor flooding reported on some rural roads. The Pittsburgh Public School system and some other school districts in the region will be closed today, though some have chosen to delay classes by two hours.
5. FORMER HERSHEY BOARD MEMBER DONATES $100,000 TO DEMOCRAT ATTORNEY GENERAL CANDIDATE KATHLEEN KANE
The donation from Robert Reese comes amid a pending state investigation of the multibillion-dollar Hershey Trust, which Reese used to help lead.