Investigators say the woman was found dead around 5 p.m. Thursday by her caregiver. She had come home from the grocery store and left her car running in the garage on the lower level of the East Stroudsburg home.
The Pocono Record reports ( http://bit.ly/T3FXOl) Monroe County Coroner Bob Allen says the death appears accidental. Allen says the woman was very forgetful and apparently didn't realize she left the car running. Her name has not been released.
A cat also died from the carbon monoxide.
Information from: Pocono Record, http://www.poconorecord.com/