Police tell the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette ( http://bit.ly/KO0Irh) that Amanda Kenneally was burned about 10 p.m. Sunday when he put her hand on top of the lit firework in hopes it would go out and not fire into the air while police passed by. Instead, she was treated for second-degree burns to her hand.
Online court records don't list an attorney for the woman, whose home phone was disconnected on Monday.
Roman candles are cardboard tubes filled with one or more colored projectiles that shoot into the air from one end of the device.
Information from: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, http://www.post-gazette.com