* Asbury United Methodist Church, 340 E. Market St., is now offering Saturday services at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Saturdays monthly. The contemporary services will include prayers for the sick. For more information, call (717) 843-0733.
* The York County Gospel Choir will perform during the 10:15 a.m. service Sunday at Red Lion Zion United Methodist Church, 1155 Felton Road.
* The Brodbecks Band will perform during the 10:15 a.m. service Sunday at St. Paul United Church of Christ, 161 S. Main St., Shrewsbury. A covered-dish meal will be held after the service. For more information, call the church office at (717) 235-7003.
* The Rev. Cynthia Chambers will be the guest pastor at the 8 and 10:30 a.m. services Sunday at Quickel Evangelical Lutheran Church, 60 Canal Road Extended. Chambers served as pastor of the church from 2000 to 2007. She retired from the ministry on Jan. 1. There will be a reception at 9:15 a.m. in Fellowship Hall. The event is part of the church's ongoing 250th anniversary celebration. For more information, call the church office at (717) 266-4179.
* St. John Lutheran Church, 2580 Mount Rose Ave., welcomes its new pastor, the Rev. Tab Cosgrove, who will lead his first service at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. Cosgrove's installation service will be at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29. For more information, call the church office at 840-0382 or visit www.StJohnYorkPA.com.
* Zion (Shaffer's) United Lutheran Church, 4535 Shaffer Road, Codorus Township, will conduct a Blessing of the New Honey service of Holy Eucharist, 9 a.m. Sunday. The eastern European custom of blessing the new honey - including a chunk of honeycomb - will occur at the close of the liturgy. An invitation is extended to area beekeepers to bring a jar of their new honey for the blessing. For more information, call the church office at (717) 229-2932.
* Otterbein United Methodist Church of Spry, 50 School St., will have an outdoor service and picnic, 11 a.m. Sunday at William Kain County Park, Blue Gill Pavilion. The event will feature games and activities for all ages and hot dogs and drinks. Bring your own plates, cups, napkins, utensils and a covered dish. There will also be a service at 8 a.m. at the church. There will be no Sunday School classes. For more information, call (717) 741-1429.