A two-alarm blaze that damaged three York City homes late Wednesday night left five people temporarily homeless, York City Fire Chief David Michaels said.
The blaze was reported about 11:40 p.m. Wednesday. No one was hurt, the chief said.
An electrical receptacle malfunctioned in a wall of 317 S. Queen St., sparking a fire that spread to both 315 and 319 S. Queen St., according to Michaels.
Three people were displaced from 317 and two people were displaced from 319, the chief said; all are adults. They are being assisted by the York-Adams Chapter of the American Red Cross. Michaels said 315 S. Queen St. was vacant.
Total damage is estimated at $70,000, he said, adding the buildings are salvageable.