1. SAFETY PROBLEMS AT SITE OF DEADLY BRAZIL FIRE
The nightclub had no fire alarm, no sprinklers, no fire escape—and just one exit.
2. OBAMA TO PUSH IMMIGRATION OVERHAUL
The president will try to drum up support for proposals to give illegal immigrants a pathway to citizenship at a speech in Vegas.
3. BOY SCOUTS POISED TO REVOKE NO-GAYS POLICY
Individual Scout units would be able to decide for themselves whether to accept gays as scouts and leaders.
4. HOW NORTH KOREA COULD CONDUCT A NUCLEAR TEST WITHOUT DETECTION
Satellite images show a mountainside tunnel could be sealed for an underground explosion.
5. TIMBUKTU UNDER MALI'S CONTROL
The fabled desert city was held overnight after the retreat of Islamist extremists who first burned a library of thousands of ancient manuscripts.
6. US PROTESTS AS IRAN PUTS A MONKEY INTO SPACE
The State Department says the mission is "directly relevant" to long-range ballistic missile development.
7. TRANSPLANT SURGERY FOR SOLDIER WHO LOST FOUR LIMBS
Brendan Marrocco will speak later today about his double-arm transplant.
8. WHY THE DUTCH QUEEN IS ABDICATING THE THRONE
Beatrix is ending her reign after 33 years to pass the crown to her eldest son, Willem-Alexander.
At an Indiana medical school, relatives attend memorials around the flower-covered tables where their loved ones were dissected.
10. FROM KATRINA TO THE SUPER BOWL
New Orleans hosts its first Super Bowl in 11 years and gives football fans a look at its comeback from the 2005 storm that left it in shambles.