A Monday evening fire at an East Manchester Township townhouse caused an estimated $2,000 in damage, according to a fire official.
Crews were dispatched to 600 Glenn Drive for a report of a stove fire at 5:52 p.m. Residents of the home use the oven to store plastic containers, and when a resident turned on the oven to preheat it to cook dinner, the containers were set alight, said Joe Stevens, chief of Union Fire Co. in Manchester.
A police officer got to the house before firefighters and used a fire extinguisher to knock down most of the fire.
"We had a little fire extension to the wall," the chief said.
Crews had the remaining fire out quickly. No injuries were reported.