Visitors to the 2013 Pennsylvania Farm Show can enter their photographs capturing the spirit of the show in the annual photo contest and win prizes.
Anyone visiting the show is eligible, and the top three entries will be featured in the 2014 Pennsylvania Farm Show Souvenir Book.
The first-place winner receives $100 and a VIP parking space for the 2014 show. The second-place winner receives a $75 cash prize, and the third-place winner earns a $50 prize.
Contest guidelines are as follows:
* The photograph must be taken at the 2013 Farm Show.
* The photograph must be in color.
* The photograph must be 4 x 6 inches in size.
* If a digital camera is used, the resolution must be at least 300 dpi.
* Entries are limited to one per person and must be submitted by March 31, 2013.
* Contact information (name, address, phone number, email address) and caption must be included with entry.
* All photo entries become the property of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.
* Department of Agriculture employees are not eligible.
* The contest is only open to non-professional entries.
Digital photos and entry information must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Print photos can be mailed with entry information to April Orwig at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, 2301 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA 17110.
The Pennsylvania Farm Show runs Jan. 5-12 at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in Harrisburg. Admission is free and parking is $10. For more information, visit www.farmshow.state.pa.us.