* Christmas Candlelight Celebration at 7 p.m. Friday at the Hanover Seventh-day Adventist Church, 865 Gitts Run Road, Hanover. Light refreshments served after the program. This event is free and open to the public.
* Celebrate the true meaning of Christmas with "A Walk Through Bethlehem" from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday at St. John's Blymire's UCC, 1009 Blymire Road in Dallastown. Hear the stories about the birth of the Christ child, see a display of many nativities from around the world and enjoy the marketplace. Admission is free, but there will be a free-will offering to be given to a local charity. For more information, call the church at (717) 244-0655.
* "Gloria! A Christmas Celebration" at the Church of the Open Door will be held at 7 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Saturday and 7 p.m. Sunday. Come join in for dessert and an evening of music celebrating the birth of Christ. This event is free. The church is located at 8 Carlisle Court, West Manchester Township. For more information, call (717) 767-6491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Actor Frank Runyeon presents "3½ Stories of Christmas," 7 p.m. Sunday at The Episcopal Church of St. John the Baptist, 140 N. Beaver St. Children and adults will hear all the parts of the Christmas story are tied together for the first time: from the light of Creation to the manger in Bethlehem, from the origin of St. Nicholas to the secret of the Christmas angel himself. Runyeon has starred in more than 1,000 TV shows over the past 20 years. For more information, visit www.frankrunyeon.com.
* A German-language Christmas service will be held at First St. John's Lutheran Church, at 4 p.m. Sunday at 140 W. King St., York. Guest Pastor will be the Rev. Guenter Schwab from Baltimore. The service will be followed by a time of fellowship featuring traditional German baked goods and other refreshments. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call the church at (717) 843-8597.
* Christmas Prelude featuring the music department along with Troy D. Winemiller and special guest Diane Susek will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday at Fourth United Methodist Church, 1067 E. Market St., York. For more information, call (717) 854-6984.
* Season of Joy blends traditional Irish instruments and music with familiar carols and contemporary favorites in a Celtic Christmas celebration. All are invited to enjoy this festive musical program Sunday presented by the combined choirs of Bible Baptist Church of Shiremanstown and Grace Baptist Church of Lewisberry at 10:45 a.m. at Grace Baptist Church, 780 Woodland Ave, Lewisberry, and at 6 p.m. at Bible Baptist Church, 201 W. Main St., Shiremanstown. Admission is free. Doors open one hour before the performance. Nurseries are provided for both performances. For more information, contact Grace Baptist Church at 938-6902 or Bible Baptist Church at 761-6040.
* Harmony Grove Community Church will present the Christmas program "A Road to Bethlehem" at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. The annual Candlelight Service will be held at 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 24. The church is located at 6390 Harmony Grove Road, Dover. For more information, visit www.hgcc.org.
* New Song, a 50-voice community choir, will perform "The Splendor of Christmas" at 4:30 p.m. Sunday at Guinston Presbyterian Church, 14130 Guinston Forge Road, Airville. Attendees are encouraged to dress warmly. A free-will offering will be received during the service. For more information, visit www.guinston.org or call 755-8616.
* "Christmas Starr," a Christmas musical, will be presented at Pinchot Park Assembly of God at 6 p.m. Sunday at 2755 Rosstown Road, Wellsville. There will be a second showing at 10 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 23. This lighthearted yet meaningful musical is presented by children and youth but is for all ages to enjoy. A fellowship with light refreshments will follow the Dec. 16 performance, and a Christmas Banquet will follow the Dec. 23 performance. For more information, call 432-2869.
* The Christmas Cantata "An Irish Christmas Blessing" will be presented by the Chancel Choir under the direction of David Diehl at 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the First Church of the Brethren, 2710 Kingston Road, York.